Nagoya Trip, Day One

I'm in Shizuoka Prefecture, which is somewhere between Tokyo and Nagoya.

I started my day at 6am, heading to Tokyo Station to ride the Shinkansen to Hamamatsu. From there I caught a bus out to Hamanako Pal Pal, a small but fun amusement park about 45 minutes away. I spent about four hours there, hitting the rides and taking some pictures. The park wasn't busy and I rarely had to wait for a ride.

I played some games there too, carnival style. For ¥1000 I could play five games, and I won three of them at various prize levels, so I was quite happy.

I took the bus back to Hamamatsu, and then a local train to Mikawa-Otsuka. From there it was a one mile walk to Lagunasia. I arrived just after sunset and took some dusk pictures, and made sure I got a couple rides on the two larger coasters and what has to be the best dark ride ever. Seriously, I heard it was good. But I could never have imagined it being this good. It's a story about these kids who use some magical powder to try to catch a bad character who might have some magical powder of its own. It's full of songs and animatronics that had me grinning from ear to ear.

It's now 7:15 and I'm on my way to Nagoya for some dinner and then it's off to be in my reserved little capsule.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit some pearl divers and then make my way to Parque Espana, an amusement park themed around... Spain.

Until then, enjoy a few pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment